Chilaune School Building Handed Over
Following the April 25, 2015 earthquake, COMMITTED, in addition to providing relief and emergency assistance to the affected in Thanapglkot, supported Chilaune School with a couple of work.
One was the reconstruction of two classroom blocks, which was handed over to the community last February. CMMITTED was represented by the Executive Director Jayjeev Hada, Senior Program Coordinator Kecher Acharya and Program Coordinator Gautam Lamichhane Magar at the function.
The other was funding the construction of a fence around what was originally conceived as the multi-purpose court. Construction of the court had begun just before the earthquake. Unfortunately, the quake damaged the court and it had to be fixed. Both the fence and renovation of the court were carried out with left-over funds from the original multi-purpose court. The funding for the court came from Nemira, a business our friends in Switzerland run.
Here’s a video of the progress of the construction and the condition of the multi-purpose court in May 2016.
For more on the above follow the links below:
- Click here to go a Facebook Post on COMMITTED’s page, posted on March 11, 2016, showing the progress of the reconstruction.
- Click here to go a Facebook Post on COMMITTED’s page, posted on March 16, 2016, showing the progress of the reconstruction.
- Click here to go to a Facebook Post on COMMITTED’s page, posted on Feb. 21, 2017, about the handover.
- Click here to go to a Facebook Post on Chilaune School’s page also about the handover.
- Click here for a blog post, published on June 21, 2016, containing financial details of the project as reported to the District Education Office the preceding week.
- Click here for the April 28, 2016 Facebook post about the progress of the project.
- Click here for the March 12, 2015 Facebook post about our friends Michael and Elias’ visit to Thangpalkot when they committed to fund the construction of a multi-purpose court at Chilaune school.
- Click here for the March 14, 2015 Nemira Facebook post about Michael and Elias’ visit.