Public Finance Management (PFM) Expert
Position : Public Finance Management (PFM) Expert
No. of Vacancy : 1
Job Duration : Contract Based (5 months with possible extension)
Job Location : Kathmandu with 40% Field Visits
Salary : Negotiable
Purpose of the Position:
The PFM Expert will coordinate and lead all activities pertaining to local public finance management and economic development including revenue and expenditure related data analysis and budget process of municipalities. The expert is expected to have a good handle on all budgetary aspects of municipal governance and help them to enhance planning, budgeting, revenue generation and management system including the practice of financial disclosure.
- Review overall Municipal Public Finance Management System including fund flow in the context of federal governance system.
- Help municipalities to prepare/update and implement budget formulation and execution guidelines.
- Facilitate concerned municipal committees in revenue and budget forecast as well as annual budgeting system.
- Conduct analysis of collected financial and economic development data and provide input to ensure service delivery gaps are addressed.
- Participate as the key person in the entire municipal finance and economic development aspects of the project.
- Lead activities related to public finance such as planning and budgeting, accounting, reporting, auditing etc. as per requirements of municipality for their capacity building.
- Work closely with municipal economic development unit and concerned committees to support them in discharging financial management related duties and responsibilities, as well as assist in designing and implementing innovative local economic development initiatives.
- Supervise and mentor respective PFM member(s) and maintain proper communication with other team members.
- Ensure all project operations are timely, efficient and in tune with donor requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master Degree with 7 years of experience in public sector planning, budgeting, revenue, taxation, accounting and public procurement;
- Prior knowledge and experience of working in municipality level preferably on revenue or planning unit;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and carrying out PFM training materials or manuals with staff at the municipality level;
- A strong understanding of the current PFM landscape in Nepal, including donor-funded programs;
- Having knowledge of innovative public finance resource generation models at national/ international level;
- Professional fluency in both English and Nepali languages;
- Demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV at c[email protected] with the subject title “CMI-PFME” before 7th November, 2019.
Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Phone queries will not be entertained.
COMMITTED strongly encourages female candidates, people with disability, Dalit, Madhesi, Janajati and other marginalized ethnic groups to apply.