Public Financial Management (PFM) Officer
Position: Public Financial Management (PFM) Officer
No. of Vacancies: 2
Job Duration: Contract Based
Job Location: Kamaladi, Kathmandu
I. Key Responsibilities:
- Review the overall Public Finance Management System including fund flow in the context of federal governance system.
- Assess financial management capacity of the municipalities and ensure/implement measures to address the gaps at the municipalities.
- Ensure the municipal planning and financial management system including reporting and proper use of the project fund as per the guidelines, and donor’s requirement.
- Take lead and be responsible in matters related to the municipal finance activities such as planning and budgeting, accounting, reporting, auditing etc. as per requirements of municipality for their capacity building.
- Maintain financial database of participating municipalities under the project.
- Support to Program Coordinator for overall planning, budgeting and monitoring of the project.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
II. Qualifications and Experience
- Master Degree with 3 years of experience or Bachelor degree with 5 years of experience in public sector planning, budgeting, revenue and taxation, accounting, public procurement, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels;
- Prior knowledge and experience of working in local finance field;
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance participating municipalities in public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience designing and carrying out PFM training materials or manuals with staff at the municipal level;
- A strong understanding of the current PFM landscape in Nepal, including relating donor-funded programs;
- Having knowledge of innovative public finance resource generation models at the international level;
- Professional fluency in English and Nepali.
III. Application Deadline:
Please send your Cover Letter and CV at [email protected] with the subject title “CMI_PFMO” before 6th January, 2019.
Only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. Phone queries will not be entertained.
COMMITTED is an equal opportunity employer.