Taltuleshwori School Handed Over To Community
Last February, a little over a year since commencing the reconstruction of Taltuleshwori School in Thangpalkot, Sindhupalchok, we were finally able to hand it over to the community in a small ceremony conducted at the school.
In addition to COMMITTED Team Members, including Executive Director Jayjeev Hada, Program Coordinator Gautam Lamichhane Magar and Senior Program Coordinator Khechar Acharya, members of the School Management Committee, school staff and local community members were present at the formal ceremony.
As an organization, COMMITTED frowns upon such ceremonies and have been doing what it can to eliminate all or parts of such formal functions. More than anything, such functions in Nepal serve as platforms for people who have a knack for talking, among other things!
Here’s what the school looked like in early May 2016 when school had resumed following the completion of reconstruction of most of the academic blocks.
For more about the reconstruction of the school follow the links below.
- Click here for a Facebook post about the handover ceremony.
- Click here for the first (January 16, 2016) blog post about COMMITTED’s decision to rebuilt the school and the initial phase of the project.
- Click here for a February 2, 2016 update on the progress of the project.
- Click here for another blog post (published on Feburary 11, 2016) about the school and our efforts.
- Click here for a February 18, 2016 update on the progress of the project.
- Click here for a May 4, 2016, Facebook post about the completion of the first phase of the reconstruction project.
- Click here for a May 6, 2016, Facebook post about the progress of the reconstruction.
- Click here for a blog post published on June 21, 2016 containing financial details of the project as reported to the District Education Office the preceding week.